Welcome to T.E.N! Short for Transport Evolved News, T.E.N. is recorded every Friday to help your weekend get off to a flying start by making sure you haven’t missed the big future transport news stories of the week.
Weekly show about future cars and future car technology. This week news about: Next-generation Nissan LEAF rumors, production Chevrolet Bolt reveal for CES 2016, Hyundai Sonata PHEV goes on sale, Honda brings Clarity FCV to LA, rumors of a new Gigafactory in Germany, Formula E picks Mexico for fifth-round race, Audi plans a shift to plug-in cars, BMW brings plug-in promises to LA, Nissan’s EV Mountain a success, Tesloop offers alternative to airplane travel.
Instead of posting the entire text of the show below, we’re including links to the individual stories below as they appear in the show — and we’ve also added clickable links in the YouTube version of the show. If you’re subscribing to the Podcast version, links are in the description inside the episode.
You’ll find both versions of the show also include embedded subtitle tracks.
- Big plans – Nissan’s next-generation LEAF rumors
- Coming to CES – Production Chevrolet Bolt due to be unveiled in January at CES
- Hyundai Sonata PHEV goes on sale – plug-in hybrid variant of popular sedan goes on sale
- Honda Clarifies Clarity – Honda clarifies Clarity sales plans for U.S., plus talks up 40-mile EV range Plug-in hybrid
- Ich bin ein Gigafactory – Rumors of a Gigafactory in Germany
- Formula E to Mexico – Formula E fifth round confirmed for Mexico City
- Audi plugs in – Audi commits to as much as 25% of all cars by 2025 coming with a plug.
- BMW Expansion – BMW expands free charging program for i3 customers, but offends early adopters in the process.
- Climb EVery Mountain – Nissan’s EV Mountain project a success.
- Roaming – New charging association in U.S. provides roaming across three networks
- Tesloop – A new way to travel between LA and Las Vegas.
You can also support us directly as a monthly supporting member by visiting Patreon.com.