Welcome to T.E.N! Short for Transport Evolved News, T.E.N. is recorded every Friday to help your weekend get off to a flying start by making sure you haven’t missed the big future transport news stories of the week.
Weekly show about future cars and future car technology. This week news about: Tesla offers to buy Solar City; Nissan confirms next-generation LEAF electric car will have a 60 kilowatt-hour battery pack; The Solar Impulse successfully crosses the Atlantic as it nears the end of its round-the-world flight; Toyota hints it build electric cars after all; Hyperloop One signs a partnership with Russian company to revolutionize travel across the nation; BMW considers making next-generation i8 all-electric; Toyota gives the state of California massive discounts on fleet Toyota Mirais; Mercedes-Benz prepares to introduce wireless charging on its 2018 S550e Plug-in Hybrid; Germany approves more diesel gate fixes students set a new world record for fastest 0-60 time in a single-seat electric car.
Instead of posting the entire text of the show below, we’re including links to the individual stories below as they appear in the show — and we’ve also added clickable links in the YouTube version of the show. If you’re subscribing to the Podcast version, links are in the description inside the episode.
- One Big Family – Tesla prepares to acquire SolarCity
- 60 kWh – Nissan confirms next-generation LEAF will have a 60 kWh pack, 200+ mile range
- I am a Leaf… – Solar Impulse lands in Spain after successful Atlantic crossing
- Changing plans – Toyota hints it may start building EVs after all
- Russian Tubes – Hyperloop signs a deal to bring Hyperloop technology to Russia
- ICE Dump – BMW considers making next-generation i8 an all-electric car
- Mates’ Rates – Toyota knocks 28 percent off Mirai FCV list price for California Government
- Wireless luxury – Mercedes-Benz confirms wireless charging will be introduced with 2018 Mercedes-Benz S550e plug-in hybrid
- German approval – VW continues the long process of fixing dieselgate cars.
- Blink of an eye – Grimsel sets new 0-60 mph record of just 1.5 seconds.
You can also support us directly as a monthly supporting member by visiting Patreon.com.