Weekly show about future cars and future car technology. This week news about:
- Stockpiling? – Is the Bolt EV having a sales problem? –http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1111581_chevy-bolt-ev-plant-shutdown-extended-due-to-slow-sonic-sales (Rover to Bolt EV – Comparing Bolt EV to Lunar Rover –http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2017/jul/0920-chevrolet-lunar.html )
- Tunnel Love – Musk says DC-to-NY Hyperloop tunnel approved – https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/20/16003766/elon-musk-boring-company-hyperloop-nyc-philadelphia-baltimore-dc
- LEAF Pedal – next-generation Nissan LEAF will come with single-pedal driving capabilities via Nissan’s new ‘e-pedal’.
- A Step Closer – Self-driving bill passed U.S. Representatives http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1111636_house-approves-bill-to-exempt-self-driving-cars-from-safety-standards-overrule-state-laws
- No Thanks – Ford decides to not buy Lucid – http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1111616_lucid-looking-for-savior-perhaps-after-ford-declines-to-buy-company
- Lots of Interest – Why BMW, Toyota and GM are all investing in the same startup- https://electrek.co/2017/07/19/gm-bmw-toyota-invest-self-driving-startup-nauto/
- Fighting Talk – VW says its Model 3 ‘beater’ will be $7-8000 cheaper than Tesla Model 3. – https://www.automobil-produktion.de/hersteller/wirtschaft/sedran-vw-id-7-000-8-000-euro-billiger-als-model-3-103.html
- 50,000 Goal – Hyundai Kia aim for 50,000 electric car production target for 2018 – http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1111638_hyundai-kia-electric-car-production-to-soar-to-50000-next-year
- Auf Wiedersehen – Porsche may be ditching diesel for EVs. http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/18/porsche-ceo-may-abandon-diesel-pushes-electric-cars-ev/ –
- Longer Range? BMW rumored to be working on 200-mile i3. http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/07/19/rumor-bmw-planning-i3-model-120-ah-capacity-201819/
- No Solar – Solar Roof for Model 3 unlikely after all – https://electrek.co/2017/07/16/tesla-model-3-elon-musk-solar-roof-option/
- 100 Percent renewable – Hawaii leads the way with go-ahead for 100% renewable grid. – https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/hawaiian-electric-100-renewable-energy-plan-green-light
- Launched Skyward – Model X used to launch a glider into the air – https://electrek.co/2017/07/18/tesla-model-x-launch-glider/
You can also support us directly as a monthly supporting member by visiting Patreon.com.