Follow Nikki on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/Aminorjourney
Follow the show on Twitter https://www.twitter.com/TransportEvolve
Buy Transport Evolved SWAG : https://shop.spreadshirt.com/Transportevolved/
Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/transportevolved
Make a Bitcoin Donation. URI: bitcoin:1FJooSP4d9wNVWHyJSgP4me1HB2KX8MALW
Join Transport Evolved for their studio warming party on March 10. Details here.
Help Transport Evolved’s Studio Drive Drive 😉 www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/AMDU1TULB8R6/ref=cm_sw_r_tw
Weekly show about future cars and future car technology. This week news about:
- More Power – Renault adds new, more powerful motor to the Renault ZOE EV – https://media.group.renault.com/global/en-gb/renault/media/pressreleases/21204254/encore-plus-de-plaisir-de-conduite-sur-zoe-le-vehicule-electrique-le-plus-vendu-en-europe-avec-le-no
- Top Maker – BYD tops global electric car production figures for the third year in a row – https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1115398_chinas-byd-tops-global-electric-car-production-for-third-year-in-a-row
- Wait Times – Tesla announces four-to-five month wait time for the Tesla Model S and Model X – https://electrek.co/2018/02/21/tesla-delay-model-s-x-orders-demand-backlog/
- Auf Wiedersehen, Diesel – Porsche Stops Making Diesel cars to focus on EVs – https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/20/porsche-diesel-production-ends/
- eActros – Mercedes-Benz announces all-new electric truck for later this year. http://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSite/en/instance/ko/All-electric-Mercedes-Benz-trucks-for-the-heavy-duty-distribution-sector-Sustainable-fully-electric-and-quiet-Mercedes-Benz-eActros-to-roll-out-to-customers-in-2018.xhtml?oid=33451264&ls=L2VuL2luc3RhbmNlL2tvLnhodG1sP29pZD00ODM2MjU4JnJlbElkPTYwODI5JmZyb21PaWQ9NDgzNjI1OCZib3JkZXJzPXRydWUmcmVzdWx0SW5mb1R5cGVJZD00MDYyNiZ2aWV3VHlwZT10aHVtYnM!&rs=1
- General Release – Tesla begins accepting orders from regular non-Tesla Model 3 customers – https://electrek.co/2018/02/22/tesla-model-3-orders-non-owners/
- Pay Per Mile – White House signals It’s interested in per-mile car taxation – https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/21/trump-mileage-tax-infrastructure/
- Outselling The Competition – Tesla outsells other luxury brands in Europe for the first time ever – https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/21/tesla-model-s-outsells-european-luxury-cars/
- Under D.C. – The Boring Company gets a permit to dig in Washington, DC.
- Aspark Owl – New Supercar from Japan promises 0-100kph in under 2 seconds. https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/16/aspark-owl-ev-supercar-launch-videos-claim-62-mph-in-under-2-sec/
- CryptoHacked – Tesla’s Cloud System was hacked for the purposes of cryptojacking. https://electrek.co/2018/02/20/tesla-cloud-hijacked-hackers-mine-cryptocurrencies/
- Less Rare Metal – Toyota says it’s developed a new motor that uses less rare earth metals – https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/20/toyota-ev-motor-rare-earth-metal/
- Updates – Mitsubishi announces mild updates for Outlander PHEV – https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/20/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-gets-major-powertrain-updates-geneva/
- Super Fast – Meet a Honda that’s powered by a Chevy Volt and a Tesla https://electrek.co/2018/02/21/tesla-powered-honda-accord-teslonda-conversion/ (Link to HSR Motors: https://hsrmotors.com/ )
You can also support us directly as a monthly supporting member by visiting Patreon.com.